View Single Post
Old 04-13-2017, 07:59 AM   #223
1LEMATT
1LE enthusiast

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
Nothing about this car is a fail.

It was preceded by two months of hype which set expectations sky high... then somehow surpassed those expectations with numbers that are simply stunning. This car is not only quicker 0-60 and in the 1/4 mile than every production car in the world, but every (as far as I know) sport bike as well! Think about that for a minute.

Not a fail.

No cage is, to me, a plus. For people who aren't going to race it... which, let's be real, is most everybody who buys one... they don't have to deal with it and you can actually carry passengers in the back seat (if you buy one for $1).

If you want to race it you put in a cage because you are a racer and that's what you do.

Not a fail.

Calling it the "fastest" production car is, semantics notwithstanding, marketing genius because 1.) everybody knows what they mean, and in that context 2.) it is.

Far from being a fail, the Demon is an out-and-out home run.
The fail is that the bosses allowed them to do this when their whole car line as a whole is junk. How does upper management allow them to spend even a dime on R&D on this when they have absolute crap sitting on the showroom floor and are not in good shape? For some publicity that in a month will be old news? I mean the 200 and the Dart replacements are where 100% of this money should have went...thank God I sold my stock years ago...