View Single Post
Old 02-06-2020, 11:43 AM   #6
Abubaca

Drives: 2016 SS
Quote:
General consensus is that they do fit and cover all holes. I thought the one it barely covers is the most forward center hole.

I agree, that is the general consensus. But clearly mine does not.

Quote:
Had the same issue if you put the tape along the rear edge where it curves down the trunk (blue arrow). I had to put it just on the red areas along the front & rear (red arrows). After that i put a couple of self-tapping screws up into it to hold it on since the tape failed on me 2x regardless. Been fine since doing this.

I can see what you mean. If I adjusted slightly up on the rear curve, it would cover the hole, but it most definitely wasn't quite as flush when i did that, although I doubt anyone know. I can also see how it failed on you, and how the screws helped. I just don't wanna go that way. It really is made well, and fits the contour perfectly. That's how I'd prefer it be mounted, -and this leaves the hole exposed obviously.

At most I'm out $100. Pretty sure I can sell it for a good chunk of that. -and I don't hate the SS spoiler, soooo maybe the RPI...maybe the regular stock ZL1....I dunno....we'll see.
Abubaca is offline   Reply With Quote