View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 06:32 PM   #391
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by 32valve-snake View Post
Thank you for allowing me to be on your forum. Obviously you can tell by my screen name that I am not a Camaro fan. But I am certainly glad they are around. I had a lot of F-body friends in high school and I spent many a night cruising around in a T top GTA and also a Z28. I am not a kid. I am WAY over 40 and not an E-Thug or here to start a fight. I honestly thought I would find you guys all in an uproar because of the new Camaro. I joined to see what you all thought of the new design. I didn't read every post (again, not a Camaro guy) but I can't believe you guys aren't upset by how much they copied the new Mustang. I have shown pictures to several non-car guy neighbors and they all say "Is that the new Mustang?" Now, you and I know very well it isn't but if the average Joe neighbor people think it's a Mustang.......
The back especially copies the Mustang. The dash also. The turbo 4, what a brilliant idea. Glad they thought of it............ohhh wait.
I just can't believe you guys are not upset. I guess after it being killed once you are just happy to have the Camaro and I don't blame you. But REALLY? Nobody here sees the Mustang in the new design?
I welcome adult and polite conversation.
I don't see any more similarly than in previous generations. I also think GM has been putting turbo 4s in cars for a while, and I am not at all suprised it is in the 6th Gen Camaro. I think the only reason Ford did it first is because they introduced their 6th Gen one year earlier. The new Camaro has been in development for years; long before we knew what the Mustang would look like or what powertrains it would have.

Last edited by GretchenGotGrowl; 05-28-2015 at 07:56 PM.
GretchenGotGrowl is offline   Reply With Quote