View Single Post
Old 12-02-2021, 12:04 AM   #11
Ernestofg2021
Neptune_ZL1

Drives: 2019 A10 zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorsoDuroJohn View Post
Why not keep the Z06? What my brain meant to say is, why not keep the Z06, seems like a heck of a car, then to switch to a Camaro, will be viewed as a step back.
The main reason i switched is because the zo6 i had had some issues i needed to sort out. the purpose with both that car and this car is to build an all out 1/4 car. so i was faced with 3 choices. either attempt to fix the z06 along with the heat issues and build it, get a 2019 z06 where the issues are apparently fixed, or get into an a10 zl1. I decided building that car was not worth it and that an a10 was the best fit for what i needed plus saved some money getting a 19 zl1 vs a 19 z06. Overall i much prefer the zl1. The a8 vs a10 is night and day their not even in the same league; ive been extreme impressed with this trans and i cannot wait until i can get it tuned. speed wise the two aren't very different the z06 definitely feels like it pulls harder the weight transfer when you do a roll in that car is intoxicating vs zl1 which also pulls like a freight train but lacks a little of that feeling i suspect because of weight but it feels a lot more precise and controlled once you hook and that 10 speed is going you're moving like a bullet vs the z06 which loses its feeling once you hit 5th. handling wise the z06 was point and shoot vs the zl1. the handling is not too far off in the zl1 but you definitely have to force it to do what you want it to do vs the z06 on command just turns. the a10 zl1 just drives like a better thought out car the z06 with the a8 felt kind of sloppy at times unless you were always in manual mode. If i were to ever get another z06 (which i probably will in the future) it would have to be an m7 i feel like that car was made for that trans, overall i like the zl1 much better it feels like the lt4 fits the zl1 much better with the a10 than in the z06. Thats just to name some things any other specific questions feel free to ask.
Ernestofg2021 is offline   Reply With Quote