View Single Post
Old 01-29-2020, 08:37 AM   #20
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
Exactly...and at this point should we even call them IAT's any longer and instead classify them as MAT(Manifold Air Temp)? It seems to me that MAT is far more important then the inlet air temp in front of the throttle body on a FI application.

I agree.

I was talking with an engineer about airflow and fluid dynamics and placement of the IAT. I mentioned where I was placing my IAT versus putting it in the rear of the intake. The engineers response was it doesnt matter. The air is going to be "wet" at either location, in all actuality the air will be "wet" all the way into the combustion chamber until it is burned off.

With a supercharged application there is alot more airflow versus the N/A application. When I tested the 5gph nozzles in the Alky Controls system it was a super fine mist that came out of them. That coupled with the amount of air the supercharger pushes across the nozzles isnt going to allow much time for evaporation from the beginning point of injection to the rear of the intake manifold or into the combustion chamber.

I set my Alky Controls system to not come online until around 6-7 psi, so far the data logging shows it works very well. IAT timing changes can be corrected as well by zeroing out any timing additions that come from the IAT table.

Being smart with the usage of the meth inj will allow it to do what the injection system was designed to do, cool the air charge.

2017 Camaro SS 1LE - Procharger D1SC w/ Tial 2" BOV & Race intercooler / ARH full length catless headers / Alky meth injection system - 650rwhp on conservative tune SOLD

Last edited by TJay74; 01-29-2020 at 11:27 AM.
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote