View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 09:34 AM   #11
Miami_1LE

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
You need to use the provided bolt that TSP has, or go to an ACE Hardware store and pic up a bolt that has a small head on it. I had the same problem when I first used my stock steering bolts. Youll be fine just get a new bolt. It should only be the lower bolt that needs to be changed. Its the bolt closer to the front bumper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vsoles View Post
Maybe you guys can help me out cause it's bugging the hell out of me. I recently got my TSP 1 7/8 headers and x-pipe installed this past week. I'm really impressed with the quality and the welds! Car sounds like a true muscle car now, but immediately after the install I noticed that my steering wheel was extremely tight. Apparently one of the brothers that worked on my car was sure that we could use the stock steering shaft bolt since he worked on so many Gen 6's. Although nothing is hitting that I can tell, the header is extremely close to my steering shaft. I went ahead and ordered the bolt that TSP provided. Would anyone have any knowledge of why this is happening besides the fact that my headers are too close to my steering shaft?
Miami_1LE is offline   Reply With Quote