View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 10:40 AM   #250
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
I went back and re-read the original post. According to that info, it is true that there was no definitive statement, just that the engineer wasn't planning a 4 cylinder. But that was well over a year ago. Also read where he said if the Camaro is no longer a Camaro it could be taken out. This line had about as much definitive context as the no four cylinder statement.

I see it this way, this car is very popular for many different reasons, and not just because it's a "muscle" car. Not everybody buys them because they're fast and loud. I'm not sure what the exact figures are over the run of the 5th Gen, but I would hazard a guess that V6 sales are at least 2-1 over V8 sales. Heck, I live in Texas and the ratio of what I see on the road is at least that.

The Camaro is an important car for GM. It fills a space in the line up that they really need to protect. They sell a lot of them, and this means that it will need to be offered in a package that will meet the CAFE criteria. So I don't care if they make some of them with a 4 cyl. As long as they continue to make the performance versions for the enthusiast.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote