View Single Post
Old 01-13-2015, 08:42 AM   #249
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Al never said "there WILL NOT be a 4 cylinder". He talked around it suggesting if it were up to him there wouldn't be. Just so you know.....it's not up to him. His job is to engineer the car that the company tells him to. Although influential, the Chief Engineer doesn't get to just freely determine what is in or out for content. There is an equally high level marketing person that will tell him what needs to be in the car based on the customer, and another equally high person that will tell him if a V6/V8 only lineup meets the objectives for compliance to federal requirements.

If he is quoted as telling anyone what the specific content will or won't be fine. I never saw it. I saw him quoted as saying he didn't want to see a 4 cylinder in the Camaro.

So if there is a quote from him that says, "there is no 4 cylinder in the Gen 6" awesome. What I believe he said was, "I really don't think there should be a 4 cylinder in the Camaro". Two completely different statements.
He said there wouldn't be a 4 cylinder.

More important to the point, the guy who engineers Camaros doesn't believe in a 4 cylinder Camaro. Wake up.
2010-1SS-IBM is offline   Reply With Quote