View Single Post
Old 11-30-2021, 11:42 AM   #11
infinitereality
Limitless Imagination

Drives: 2018 ZL1 & 2022 Hayabusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark R View Post
Did you replace the bolts and nuts when you did the alignment? I believe you have to replace 8 bolts and nuts at that time.

I used to have to have my car aligned every 2000 miles because I ignored the requirement for new bolts. It didn't make sense to me until I saw a Youtube video about Torque to Yield bolts, and why they need replacing.

When I had the dealer align it with the new fasteners, it has stayed aligned for 6000 miles so far.
Definitely still OEM bolts/nuts for alignment, least on the rear. I'm sure same on the front. Are alignment bolts for this car really TTY? I'd assume alignment shop would known to replace, but who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_1LE View Post
It looks like you sometimes have the wheel hard to the left and you go either through a road side rain gutter or up a steep parking lot entrance ramp?

What I'd do is clean the tire real well, let it dry, then get some chalk and draw a heavy line on the shoulder of the tire going from the top of the tread down to where the writing is on the tire. Drive it around some like you normally do and see how far down that line has gotten scrubbed away.
No real rain gutter or anything to cross over. We have a couple speed bumpers, but they're not very tall so don't need to go over them cattycorner.

That's a great idea, I have some chalk to give this a shot. Just to make sure it's actually scrubbing itself and not some oddball thing going on. Probably will do both tires, just for kicks.
- RotoFab Dry, Forgestar CF5V (ZLE Spec), Eibach Pro, AeroForce Interceptor, GT4 Tow Hook
- Carbon Fiber (Satin): Radio, Shifter, Steering Wheel Controls, Shifter Top, AC Vents, Side Mirrors & Shark Fin
2022 Suzuki Hayabusa - Brilliant White Pearl & Shocker Yellow Wheels
- +4 Arm, 240 OEM Wheel, Brock's CT (Ti) Exhaust, 1.25" drop, etc...
infinitereality is offline   Reply With Quote