View Single Post
Old 07-10-2021, 01:02 AM   #9332
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
Robert, long time -- was hoping to see you here @ the last CFest. I'm assuming everything is going well for your and the family -- tough to see Brandi sit like that -- the thoroughbred need to run. Wishing you the best! ;o)

-Don
Hey Don...

Due to life, I didn’t actually plan to attend this event, since I don’t have a horse in the race, or to even drive right now, so...

Then lo and behold, a close friend (John) posts about trying to get his car ready, and having to drive it, when I know he wants to run NCM. So why not tow it... His dads Tahoe isn’t rated for his trailer, so I offered my truck and trailer... matched set and all... So he knuckles down trying to get his car reassembled...

I need a vehicle since he would be gone for nigh on a week... He didn’t have a vehicle to spare... He has his Camaro, his wife’s car and his patrol vehicle... So he offers, I go with, after having specifically told Ben W and his wife I wouldn’t make it, stay in his room, he buys fuel, I buy my food... Win win...

This was Sunday... Monday I awaken not feeling well... Coughing, hacking, can’t breathe shit... so being prudent, I call and beg off while still offering my truck if he can get a ride or drive to my place to pick it up... He can...

Tuesday early, I get up, call the docs office and get an appt... I go, they swabbed my brains, not once or twice, nor four times, but six total times... 4 for the quick COVID test... 15 minutes, negative results... Good... possible aspiration -pneumonia, maybe a chest x-ray... but they will feel better with a PCR COVID test... so two more brain stabs through my nose... and I go home with a couple high powered scripts, and orders to quarantine... 10 days...

John calls, his trans is back in, but it’s making noise and the throw out might be leaking, so he isn’t going after all...

I get a call Wednesday, no COVID, continue treating the symptoms and carry on...

So here I am, on my iPad missing all you guys... and I’ll put a small wager on that there will be a Fest again... next year if I had to guess...

Ben said he is headed to Dallas in the fall for some drag racing, we could meet up then, dinner and some racing...

Toss a cold one down for me and tell everyone I said hey...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote