View Single Post
Old 01-24-2018, 12:11 PM   #13
cellsafemode

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
take your throttle body off and get a couple grinding tips on your dremel and goto town up to but not including the ring of material that the blade nearly touches when closed. (unless you're replacing the blade with something bigger to retain the proper gap)

takes a while but it's not difficult or strenuous work. May take longer to polish it and make it look pretty but nobody is going to see this so who cares. Grind it, throw it back in. Ported, for the cost of a few hours time and whatever your bits cost.

spacers ...kinda BS. They mattered back when fuel was passing through the TB, since the spacers would change the length that air fuel mixture would travel and insulate the TB from the heat of the metal intake manifold.

Not the case with the LGX. The manifold isn't metal, so the TB is already insulated. The gas isn't traveling through the manifold or the tb, so the length doesn't matter nearly as much (if at all). What matters most is that the air that is getting sucked into the engine isn't stagnant and thus getting warmed up longer than absolutely necessary (which is why filling in the LFX and LGX manifolds rather than simply porting them out tends to give the best results.

Will you feel a difference after all that? maybe. I tend to say none of it makes a practical difference you will notice without having numbers reported back to you but others will say that there's a noticeable change. All i know is that 2 years in after having driven nothing but V8 camaro's for basically my entire driving life and I'm far from disappointed in picking the v6 when i go drive mine.

It helps that i've never really driven the 6th gen v8 and my last v8 camaro was a 2001 z28 .
cellsafemode is offline   Reply With Quote