Thread: A8 exploded
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 07:14 AM   #34
Raptor Jesus
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by parish8 View Post
I could be wrong but I bet it isn’t all that hard. With about 1/2 hour of playing around I got the car to start and the speedo works with the trans completely unplugged. All I did was short out pin 30(blk/gry) to pin 35(wht/gry). I was able to put the trans in gear and still had forward and reverse. I think forward is 3rd gear. The engine shut off fine but the car wouldn’t completely shut off. It would take a little time to get past that. Might even take a relay pair of relays connected to the 4l80e gear switch to trick the factory tcm.

All that being said I am not ready to give up on the 8sp.
The TH400 guys have got it to start and run and even shift fine but everything else on the car flips out and the engine cuts off before redline. Drag car, yes it could be made to work. Street car and retain all the creature comforts, no. You'd literally be throwing in relays and resistors on every part of the car to "fool" it to work. From the parking brake to the lights to the door locks. Everything that works off a signal from the trans in conjunction to the ECM. Some are gear dependent some are gear and speed.
Raptor Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote