View Single Post
Old 07-23-2021, 03:14 PM   #3
cmitchell17

Drives: 17 2SS, 8L90, Cam, Heads, E85
No manual mode makes no difference. I can see when the torque converter is commanding on in the scanner and I can see it raise pressure, which this pressure you see in the scanner is a "fake" calculated pressure. The real pressure is determined by what the regulator gain and offset is set at based off line pressure.

Anyway I can see it go to full "calculated" pressure at 495 psi but it is just not enough to hold the TCC apply clutch.

When I had the stock torque converter it would lock fine, and stay locked in manual mode as well, it only had trouble locking at WOT when you commanded it but it would eventually lock at the end of second at WOT but very slowly. I think this new table would have worked to force it to lock better with more pressure and faster but problem is now I have an aftermarket converter and either something is wrong with it, or it needs significantly more pressure to lock than the stock converter which is why I am asking if anyone else is having any problems with aftermarket converters.
cmitchell17 is offline   Reply With Quote