View Single Post
Old 10-17-2019, 10:03 AM   #7
Rexpelagi

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Move_Over View Post
Tempting, MCS makes great stuff. Can I ask how you decided on the spring rates for this car? (not being a smart ass just generously curious). There is very little data out on this platform on what well-performing rates are on this chassis. I could bark off E46/E90 spring rates in my sleep but wouldn't know where to start on this car.

I would guess similar to F82 M4 rates due to a similarly designed platform and weight.
I picked up this set from another owner so the springs are what came with it. It's very easy to change out the springs - I think you can undo the top nut in the front and pop out the spring with the stabilizer bar disconnected and everything else still attached, and the rear is easy as well.

I had a 2.0T car, and I think these rates were probably close. For reference, Ryan Otis used MCS on his car with great success, although he was slightly stiffer (700/1300):
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=66

For reference, front motion ratio is very close to 1, rear is at 0.56 (Ryan has a math error or typo in the thread above for the rear, not sure which).

A lot will depend on driver preference, so there may be some rate adjustment necessary for specific drivers, but it will depend on your car, your tires, your anti-roll bars, alignment, etc. I feel confident this will be very close though.

Last edited by Rexpelagi; 10-17-2019 at 01:49 PM.
Rexpelagi is offline   Reply With Quote