View Single Post
Old 03-23-2019, 06:48 PM   #15
bpang1234
You can only YOLO once.

Drives: '16 2SS & '15 Subaru Forester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wierd Harold View Post
Go to a coin operated car wash,but don't use the brush.
Yeah this is what I did when I didn't have a place to wash my car back when I lived in an apartment. If you go at off hours you can bring your own buckets and stuff...I've never been kicked out for that even though some say you can't do that on the signage. This way you can use the high pressure water then hand wash off the dirt and then rinse off. Better than going through an actual car wash or a touchless wash.

One thing to consider is that our wheels/tires are typically too wide for a lot of the tracked car washes (both cloth and touchless). If you gotta go to one of these find one that (as Glen E wrote) doesn't make you send your car down the track but basically you sit there stationary while the washer moves around you.

I still once in a while will take my car through a car wash but that is like when I am desperate for a wash and not able to do it myself (for instance a road trip, the dead winter or recently when I broke my wrist). Even then, I had my winter wheels/tires on the car and they are 245 width.
-1st Car to have the "full" SEMA High Performance Graphics kit from 6LEDesigns.
-1st Car to have the 6LEDesigns Blade Spoiler.
-Borla S-Type w/ custom H-Pipe
-Procharger P-1X Stage 2
bpang1234 is offline   Reply With Quote