View Single Post
Old 06-24-2021, 11:46 AM   #699
apexit53

Drives: 22 1SS 1LE Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC113 View Post
I think they want FS to be a stock version of CAM-C or something. Grouping by type instead of actual performance.

IMO, it's misguided. It combines a bunch of cars that are not equal in performance and makes it so non-track pack cars can't be competitive in their own class. I don't think this is ok and it's exclusionary to new folks w/o track-pack Camaros and Mustangs.

And didn't they just add STS which includes a bunch of AS type cars, as well as higher-end Mustangs and Camaros?

It seems like SCCA needs to make a decision on how to organize classes, IMO it should be by actual performance otherwise PAX will become (even more) meaningless. IMO PAX is already dumb and should be eliminated, but that's another issue altogether. I see a lot of people PAX hunting trying to find ringer cars for the class, I don't get it and think it encourages some questionable practices having to do with simply finding ringer cars and not making the car better or driving better, which should be the focus IMO.

Hate to say it, but I will be writing a letter NOT in favor of moving our cars to FS.
Maybe the people that raced base SS cars should have showed up to national events and this wouldn't be an issue. SCCA doesn't care about local numbers, its all bout tour and pro numbers.
#53 F Street
2022 Sponsor autocrossdigits.com
Autocrossing Videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm-...3tiMt0KOg_2Aag
Instagram: apexit_53
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE
2019 D Street national champion (2019 civic Type R)
apexit53 is offline   Reply With Quote