View Single Post
Old 06-21-2021, 04:48 PM   #7
Eric10905
Geezer_loves_Camaros

Drives: 2018 2SS, Black, A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim M View Post
Enjoyed the weekend - took the 1LE with the family of 4 to a favorite German burger joint...5 Guys! Hey, it is Father's Day holiday, ok... Exhaust is fun to echo off downtown Stuttgart skyline - you can tell who are the auto enthusiasts.

Following day pointed the black hood 3 hours to Nurburg...commenced to knock the rust off. Been a coupe of months since last track visit and it showed, but the fresh GY's and -3 camber up front made a difference. 70 degree temps and a clean track from previous nights heavy rains made for a good experience.

However, I packed it in after 3 laps (40 miles) due to the catch can hose rubbing on the blower belt under duress...my failure.

A very forgiving and flexible car Chevrolet has put together. The OEM blower only made the car more thrilling...too much for my skills! And gotta love the intoxicating exhaust note... Now I'll give it a bath and drive it to work...

Loved watching this. With my novice track status and meager skills, i get scared just watching the video, let alone the actual experience, lol.

After doing this many laps here, what will you do if you ever move to the states? I'm not sure i've ever heard of anything getting even close to the 'ring here. ;-)

Edit: PS - Glad you were able to get a proper burger for fathers day. lol
Eric10905 is offline   Reply With Quote