View Single Post
Old 12-23-2020, 12:34 AM   #14
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDan View Post
No doubt a starter blanket may help. I’m just sharing what I’ve found. Poor grounding plus excess heat equals added resistance to electron flow. If the battery can’t overcome that resistance then insufficient voltage is available to crank the starter. A new ground cable attacks one end of the problem equation by reducing resistance. The starter blanket might help with the other end of the equation which is heat soak. BTW I bought a starter blanket a while back but was unsuccessful getting it to fit around the starter. It’s a very small and tight space to work with.

I showed where I installed the cable in the last video. It’s pretty straightforward. No doubt the summer heat can make this even worse but my car suffered from slow cranking in any weather whenever the engine was fully warmed up and I made multiple short stops.

I can't say I have the issue. But I have over 42k miles on it now. My concern was how difficult to add that heat shield as a precaution. How difficult would it be to install if the car was on a lift?
MackSteelPrivateEye is offline   Reply With Quote