View Single Post
Old 12-22-2020, 08:32 PM   #9
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior102 View Post
The usual culprit of this is heat soak from the exhaust manifold, more pronounced with headers but it can happen stock. Get yourself one of these also.https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
No doubt a starter blanket may help. I’m just sharing what I’ve found. Poor grounding plus excess heat equals added resistance to electron flow. If the battery can’t overcome that resistance then insufficient voltage is available to crank the starter. A new ground cable attacks one end of the problem equation by reducing resistance. The starter blanket might help with the other end of the equation which is heat soak. BTW I bought a starter blanket a while back but was unsuccessful getting it to fit around the starter. It’s a very small and tight space to work with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaneotool View Post
Is there a write up somewhere on where this ground cable goes?

The real test may be in july/august...
I showed where I installed the cable in the last video. It’s pretty straightforward. No doubt the summer heat can make this even worse but my car suffered from slow cranking in any weather whenever the engine was fully warmed up and I made multiple short stops.

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote