View Single Post
Old 11-20-2020, 08:50 AM   #14
KingLT1

Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
This kit was revised to be 50 state legal. It doesn't offer any performance gain over the non CARB kit. If anything it is probably more restrictive then the other kit with a cone filter basically clamped to the supercharger inlet due to the 90 degree elbow it has to pull air through. The main thing the 50 state legal kit has going for it is that it looks cleaner...Far cleaner actually, But yes you have to cut and trim some stuff like the radiator shroud to get the charger proper clearance being the way it is placed to be able to pull air from the stock air box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschons74 View Post
Thanks for the link, I am watching, it is informative & funny to boot.

Yea I follow him because he is one of the few guys out there that works on his own stuff and is enthusiastic about learning the technical side of things with this hobby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnta1ss View Post
You Magnuson fanboys keep overstating the launching aspect of the PD vs the centrifugal. You do not HAVE to put a converter into a centri car to drag race it. Would it be helpful for the centri to get more launch rpm, for sure, but they do better drag racing with the stock torque converter than some fanboys keep trying to portray. Remember how your Magnuson 2300 with 95mm pulley (just slightly smaller than the base 98mm), Rotofab CAI, not sure if you had the PP throttle body on yet, ran 10.85 in 60-degree weather? Then my centrifugal car with base pulley and a v-max ptb ran 10.92 in 82-degree weather? Both cars SS models with stock torque converters and drag packs and of course I am talking before you had methanol injection, since I did not have it. Truth is that both setups (PD and centri) were fairly close on a dragstrip with the stock torque converters. Then if we consider costs, the lower cost of the centri (than the Magnuson) at that time would have paid for a Circle D torque converter as well.

Just curious no dog in this fight, but what was your 60ft and trap speed?
Per. times- 10.5 @ 137 w/ 1.8 60ft Full weight on 20's 1200DA

Last edited by KingLT1; 11-20-2020 at 09:01 AM.
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote