View Single Post
Old 11-20-2020, 08:15 AM   #13
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
Cool, it will be interesting to see some results. My biggest issue was also the filter and having to run a converter to get the car to launch. They've always made good power but not where its needed for drag racing. Don't know if this will be different or not. We'll see.
You Magnuson fanboys keep overstating the launching aspect of the PD vs the centrifugal. You do not HAVE to put a converter into a centri car to drag race it. Would it be helpful for the centri to get more launch rpm, for sure, but they do better drag racing with the stock torque converter than some fanboys keep trying to portray. Remember how your Magnuson 2300 with 95mm pulley (just slightly smaller than the base 98mm), Rotofab CAI, not sure if you had the PP throttle body on yet, ran 10.85 in 60-degree weather? Then my centrifugal car with base pulley and a v-max ptb ran 10.92 in 82-degree weather? Both cars SS models with stock torque converters and drag packs and of course I am talking before you had methanol injection, since I did not have it. Truth is that both setups (PD and centri) were fairly close on a dragstrip with the stock torque converters. Then if we consider costs, the lower cost of the centri (than the Magnuson) at that time would have paid for a Circle D torque converter as well.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote