View Single Post
Old 10-24-2020, 07:36 AM   #25
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt4camaro View Post
Can you explain ?I recently read the A10 shifts by MPH when at WOT, does the taller tire tend to reduce the shift RPM , would a shorter tire show a shift at WOT at a higher RPM? how does the computer get wheel speed, front or rear? a taller tire in the rear would in simple terms show a lower RPM at a given speed. I have been toying with the Idea of a inch shorter rear tire to gain some gear ratio and maybe make the trans shift closer to redline in auto mode at WOT especially in the lower gears. You touched on tall tires screwing up your shift points, you have my interest and would love to hear what you have to say.. I will be driving a A10 LT1
Yes the autos shift on mph. Think that the computer uses the speedometer, but the car also has speed sensors on all 4 wheels for stabilitrack/abs. I only tried the 28" DRs when the trans was locked, so I don't know for sure what a 26" would do to it. Will mention that putting 26" tires on back makes stabilitrack get mad. Based on my past experience with the locked trans, I think that it might be a good idea to get stock diameter, or as close as possible, for a 2020. Not a very common diameter in DRs, but Nitto does make the 555R2 in 275/35-20, which was the stock rear size on my SS for example. Of course, only testing and logging would tell what the sizes actually do to the shifting.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote