View Single Post
Old 05-23-2016, 02:23 PM   #66
Thor142

Drives: 2014 2LS (traded in) 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
I know why they do... I have watched girls eyes light up when they saw my buddies BMW key that he conveniently sat on the table as we had a few drinks at the bar. Many people view cars as a status symbol. Reality is, he had a 6 year old BMW that was one of the biggest POSs I've had the pleasure of driving. But the ladies loved the "status"
BINGO! we have a winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
The only problem with that thought process is that people still buy BMW for the name. People still aspire to have a BMW regardless of how sloppy the suspension has gotten or how numb the steering feel has become or how much weight it has gained. It is still a BMW, therefore it is sought after.

How many people do you know that will buy a Sony Tv over a Vizio? Even though Vizio makes an equal if not better quality product, they don't have the brand recognition. They are consistently rated a best buy Tv brand, yet Samsung and Sony sell circles around them. Why?
I have a VIZIO lol. But I research and cross shop brands a LOT! I didn't always have money or come from money so I really try to get the best value for my dollar. I don't give a rats ass about branding. If Ford gives me a better car by 2018 for my dollar I'll drop Chevy like a bad habit.

There are a lot of guys on this site that are just like the BMW guys though. Chevy could sell them turds for years and they would still proudly announce "I'm a Chevy guy". Now imagine you're in that group of chevy guys and one of your buddies pulls in in a brand new Ford that spanks your Chevy in every metric. You don't go buy a Ford, you make fun of him. See how brand loyalty works? I actually think its bad for the brand. Which seems to have happened to the M4.