View Single Post
Old 06-09-2020, 08:25 PM   #1
JoeCamaro444

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Hot Wheels Camaro
Under the SS hood question

As a car guy, I find myself feeling weird asking this question, but here goes:

Is there no Power Steering reservoir visible under the hood? Is it a closed, dealer service only, system, as the transmission fluid is supposed to be?

I took inventory under the hood today, after having the A8 Shudder issue addressed with the latest updated fluid flush. I obviously spotted the crankcase oil fill lid, the oil dipstick, the engine coolant reservoir, brake booster and brake fluid reservoir, battery, fuses, washer fluid reservoir, etc...I noticed that there was no transmission dipstick, which led me to further reading of the owner’s manual, where it stated that “you do not need to check this system...it is to be serviced by the dealer, and unless a leak develops, there is no need for anything else.” I read that the engine coolant is similar in that other than if you notice the fluid in the reservoir low, no need to worry there either. Craziness! lol Lastly, I find no mention of the Power Steering system, fluid or reservoir in the manual. I’m guessing this is a similar system in that GM didn’t want us touching or seeing that either! 🤷🏻

Looking for any useful info from someone that knows more about these cars than me. I know a fair amount, but I’m still learning, and welcome more knowledge on it. Also, someone please correct me if I’m wrong with any of the above deductions.
1988 IROC-Z (tons of mods), 1995 Z28, 1998 Z28, 2006 GTO, 2010 Camaro 1SS, 2015 Subaru STI, a couple Acuras and multiple Jeeps.
JoeCamaro444 is online now   Reply With Quote