View Single Post
Old 06-26-2022, 11:59 AM   #54
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maro_89 View Post
No problem man. I can see the pros and cons you’ve listed and the back and forth thoughts you’re having in your head lol and I understand. First off I totally hear ya on the price increase and all that as it is kinda ridiculous so I definitely feel it’s not worth you having to get out of your financial budget just to get into a whole new ZL1 with the M6. Even though the auto is not as engaging as the manual…I would definitely not step down to the M6 SS 1LE as like you mentioned I feel you would regret the power loss.

I’ve looked at M6 SS 1LEs before and then A10 ZL1’s and drove them both back to back. While the SS 1LE was more engaging and fun with the manual, I’d still would choose the ZL1 with the A10 because to me it’s just simply the top dog and the faster car with more potential. Nothing against the 1LE but most would definitely go for the ZL1 just like most would go for the Hellcat as opposed to the 392. With the fun from the M6 SS 1LE I drove and the power from the A10 ZL1, it’s no question for me an M6 ZL1 is the perfect combination.

I totally get that you can’t use the power all that much on the street with the ZL1 unless you have the occasional on and off ramp where you can floor the car (if no one is in front of you and you have the open space to do so) and there’s hardly any curvy roads in Florida. I’m not sure if you track your car but if you really want to make the most out of the power from your ZL1…then you definitely have to take the car to the track and race your heart out over there. Whether it’s the drag strip (perfect since you have an A10) and or the road course. You’ll be on the throttle all the time at the track and you won’t even feel like getting on it on the street as you’ve gotten it all out of your system at the track.

I duno where your located at in Florida but you have some ¼ tracks like in Gainesville, Orlando, and Bradenton. Unfortunately the PBIR track recently closed in South Florida. So us South Floridians have to go to the next nearest one which is Orlando Speedway in Orlando.

Now this is totally your decision but if I was you, I would definitely keep the A10 ZL1 and get a little side car with the manual. You won’t sacrifice the ZL1 for a lower trim Camaro and have the best of both worlds with the auto in the Z and a manual in your other vehicle to have fun with on the streets or wherever.

As for the C8, that’s totally up to you. I had a friend who had one and I drove it for a little while. It’s definitely a good little car and great in it’s own way but not really my cup of tea. I’m not really a fan of both the interior and exterior styling. It will not rival the power of the ZL1 and be as raw. I’d prefer the ZL1 IMO but it’s your decision and you could always get the feel for the cars and go from there. Hopefully this was helpful and maybe I’ve given you some well rounded guidance as to what I may see best fits your situation.
Thanks for the feedback. As car enthusiasts we are never really satisfied.

I plan to stick with the ZL1 and pickup something small and lightweight that is manual and toss-able. I drove the C8 on track and it handled fantastic but I can see how it could get boring on the street.
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote