View Single Post
Old 11-30-2013, 05:10 PM   #14
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgriddick View Post
GM hit a home run with the 2010-2013.. looks very similar to the 69, round headlights.. why not offer true hide away lights that open and close on an RS model...

Why would they change it to look like a late 80s IROC slanted nose car which no First Gens resembled only to eventually lose sales?

The new lights front and rear look just like the IROC.. Not sure why they would change the cool round headlight to the 2014.. and now they want to make it a weird bubble car?

History repeats itself...

Look for the IROC label on the doors soon,, maybe a hatch that will fall and hit you in the head when the struts fail... or guess what.. the fake grills in the hood.. oh .. they brought that back in 2014..

SERIOUSLY?
Yes.

Seriously.

LEt's discuss your various comments.....

1. Headlamp doors. Many people feel that the 5th gen is too heavy.
Adding headlamp doors would add about 25-40 pounds with all the necessary
hardware and such....plus, I've yet to see a 1st gen Camaro with headlamp
doors that didn't have alignment problems with the doors to the grille.

2. I've not heard a comment until yours that the 2014 looks like an IROC.
Interesting tidbit ABOUT the IROC. We held Product Clinics in Atlanta and DAllas
several years back. We broke them up in groups of 20 - for a total of about 2500 people.
After about 2 and a half hours, we showed each member of the group photos of the
35 years of Camaro. We asked them to pick ONE Camaro that represented the 'ultimate'
Camaro - when Chevrolet got the product 'right'.

I was simply stunned with the answer....

nearly 90% of men and women chose the 1985 IROC.......!! Go figure. So - while you
might not like the 3rd gen car - it appears many more do!

3. A bubble car? The sheet metal on the 2014 is virtually the same as the 2010-2013,
other than the deck lid.........so I'm not sure what you're looking at.....

4. No hatch.

5. IROC won't be back at least for the forseeable future REGARDLESS of the fact
that people continue to ask us to use the name. We do not own it. SCCA does and the series
is no longer being run....(curious: do YOU know what it stands for?)

6. The "Fake grilles" in the hood as you call them are actually functional.....they aren't fake as you claim.......................

Lastly - you mention that the 5th gen looks like the 1st gen. When the car was designed, it was designed as a modern sports coupe...with a few classic styling cues. I think that's the magic of the 5th gen.......for old guys like me, we see the classic styling cues....while younger buyers don't see a retro-car ......rather, they see a 'kick-butt' looking car that turns heads no matter where you go. I've had people say "YOU GUYS SHOULD HAVE MADE THE CAR MORE LIKE THE 1969 CAMARO!....." - to which I question: "you mean, like Dodge did with their Challenger?...................so we could sell LESS cars????"

Just wanted to give you some serious facts on your remarks....

Some are questioning if you're a troll. I don't think you are.............but I do want to give you some stuff to consider.............