View Single Post
Old 10-29-2018, 07:24 PM   #13
JB'sZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 and 2019 Ram Laramie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop[580 View Post
That’s the worst and I couldn’t imagine..... for the post that said she should’ve been cited or charged..... I would love to know for what. We forget now a days ACCIDENTS happen. As long as everyone is ok that’s what’s important. Trust me as a cop I wish driving test were harder and people paid more attention. But unfortunatly sh*t happens. Everyone and society is so sue happy. Without knowing the circumstances there really no infraction or charge for stupidity. ��������
That's me.

It's not an "accident" if there is negligence. Who talked about suing? I suggested citation or charge if there was inattentive or reckless driving, driving too fast for conditions, or a whole schlew of other infractions.

The whole point in a charge or citation, if warranted, is to ascribe fault, and hopefully teach her a lesson. So that, hopefully, she never causes this "accident" again.

For what it's worth, the statement "accidents happen" is a damn poor excuse for those that get in "accidents" whilst texting, talking on the phone, dialing, adjusting the radio (or anything else in the car), eating, drinking, smoking, etc. etc., etc.

If people just drove [attentively] when driving, far fewer "accidents" would occur, I submit.

And thank God there are not lesser penalties in this country for those with lesser than room temperature IQ's.
JB'sZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote