View Single Post
Old 04-03-2020, 06:19 AM   #9
BlueShadow

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 2.0T 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsunBob View Post
why not swap compressor housings too?

So anyways...I did just as tiny bit of searching tonight. I think the 19T compressor housing, the one the Camaro has, is the biggest housing/wheel that is usually paired up with a TD04 turbine. It seems like the reason that you dont see the TD04 paired with bigger compressor housings is just turbos 101. I've seen posts to the effect of: 'ohh egt/cylinder temps will be too high' or that the compressor will flow more or flow too much and that the turbine side is acting as a restriction (the reason for higher EGT/cylinder temps?). So back to turbo 101...what happens when you take a compressor wheel or housing that is too big for a turbine? I think 08 and up WRX also run a 19T stock turbo. I wonder if they also have similar heat related issues like what Camaro's have?

I do have a copy of Corky Bell's Maximum Boost though i dont remember if this was touched on in there. But bedtime is soon for me and i'm still 3-5 years away from doing anything to my car anyways. But maybe the stuff i mentioned is a good starting place to look?