View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 02:47 AM   #8
BlueShadow

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 2.0T 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZP_Tyler View Post
Not sure what your time frame is on wanting to go to a larger turbo, but we've got a few other turbos coming up in the pipeline here soon (pending all the COVID madness). What are you looking to do with the car? Just have more fun, drag race, road course, etc?

Another bummer about the LTG is that while it's technically in the ECOTEC family, it hasn't really aligned with many things with the previous generations and revisions of ECOTEC. The LSJ could take over 500 in fully stock long block, LNF/LHU would take 400+ all day long easy, and the LTG has become the "made of glass" step sister that had a tendency to blow on the stock tune. The Camaro/later model LTG's have gotten much better with changed trans and engine tuning, but they're still not good for a ton of power stock.

If you've ever got any questions ZZP or Camaro related, feel free to reach out.

I came from aftermarket turbo hondas so i'm already anticipating me wanting to build up the internals. As far as my goals? just drag every so often, maybe i'll get into some beginner auto-x too. But mostly i want to do something about the upper rpms feeling like its "running out of steam" and to go along with it i want the car to have a bit more whp like 400-500. But also i want it to spool pretty quickly so maybe a ball bearing turbo is what i need?

It probably wont be for another few years though til i start doing stuff so more stuff might be available by then anyways. But on my turbo honda from a few years back i had a B18C with a Precision SC6152E S-cover and i was thinking about getting i forget what it was either a GT2871R or a GT3076 or something. Never got around to getting a GT turbo so i've always been curious about how they performed on a 4cyl turbo like a honda, sr20 or in this case an LTG.

Last edited by BlueShadow; 03-26-2020 at 03:56 AM.
BlueShadow is offline   Reply With Quote