View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 06:01 PM   #5
Marco Falcone

Drives: 2018 2SS Convertible MBM/Kal
My 2018 2SS Vert has the RD groan. Started at maybe 1800 miles. Thought it was a tire issue. Then it went away, Now with about 2700 miles on the car, it’s back. Only when the car has been parked overnight/several hours and is cold. Goes away after a few minutes/few turns.

I went to my dealer. Told the Service Manager Greg about it. He said it happened on some of the Camaro’s and Vette’s, but it was not common. He said he was aware of a TSB about it and told me to bring it in whenever was convenient and they would flush and refill it, under warranty and the TSB. (I told him which one, 17-NA-287.) He punched some keys on his computer and said that was the right one. He added it would be documented in my service file in case there were any other problems after the service. I made an appointment for this coming Thursday. He said they would try and get it done in an hour or so.

Hopefully this will solve the issue.

Really happy with my dealership so far. No argument, no discussion. Just “Yes it can be a problem, sorry we will fix it at your convenience.”

Same attitude as when I asked for them to install a Dimple magnetic oil plug on delivery. (SM: “Good idea. I use those, too.”). And when I came in for my first free oil change at 500 miles. (SM: “No prob. I wish more people knew how to take of a new performance car.”)

Hopefully the dealership stays this way!
2018 2SS Vert. MBM/Kalahari. MRR FS01’s with 285/305 MPS4S. Black Bow ties, A8, MRC, NPP, 6-piston Brembo’s w/ matching rears, OEM Ground Effects/Splash Guards, 8”/Nav. Borla S-type, Pray IM/TB, RotoFab.

Past DD’s of note:
2013 Caprice PPV. (“Company” car.)
1998 Cadillac STS
1996 Impala SS
1969 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1993 Corvette
1991 Mustang 5.0 LX
1973 Alfa Romeo Spider
1986 Mustang GT T-top
1964 Falcon Sprint Hardtop. (First car, still have the key!)
Marco Falcone is offline   Reply With Quote