View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 11:23 AM   #1
jcor3

Drives: 2018 2SS & 2002 1500HD
Rear Diff Groan 2018

2018 2SS with Mag Ride, NPP, auto trans

I picked up the car May 23 and have driven 7500 miles. I started to hear the rear differential groan on cold turns a few weeks ago. Talked to the dealer and was given the typical bs, normal, bring it in, no bulletin on the 2018, etc.

Yesterday the car was in for my free oil change. I listed exactly what the problem was on the online scheduler. The service intake guy tried to change what I had listed. Anyway, took the technician for a drive and couldn't duplicate due to the dealer being 40 miles from home and the car was warm.

They let the car sit until lunch and were then able to reproduce the differential groan.

Get this: There is no fix. (Even though there was a fluid flush service bulletin on the 2017 and 2016's) My car is now an official GM guinea pig.

"PEI0465: "Engineering Information - Cold Moan from Rear Differential on Vehicles that Have Never Had a Rear Differential Flush (May 29, 2018)"

GM wants data, said another way, they are tracking my car now they will know how long it takes for the differential to fail.

The Engineering INfo doc states clearly that the tech was supposed to call the engineers with the phone numbers listed and document that on the customer file. No surprise there is no such record on my docs.

To the point, I bought a car for nearly $50k that sounds like the rear end is going to fall apart every morning. GM knows about it and doesn't give a shit, and they are clearly hoping to stall me until the warranty expires. BTW, the warranty will expire the day before the diff does....
jcor3 is offline   Reply With Quote