View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 12:11 AM   #10
squish72

Drives: 2016 2SS 8AT
well today the car started blowing hot air again on the passenger side..... I pulled out the gds2 scanner and checked it to see the actuator was being told by the module to be at 200 (which I looks like it reads 0-200).

It didnt matter if I wiggled the wires this time. I unplugged the battery and noticed when I would hook it back up, the actuator would move! When you turn the temp ring on the vent (think it would start at 75 or 72) it would cycle the actuator from where it was to cold then max out back at 200 or full hot. I pulled the battery and then wiggled my hand in deep to unplug the motor. It wasnt easy but I was able to do it. Its now about in the middle of the road, not boiling hot air but warm air still comes out.

So I have three possible thoughts on whats wrong.

1. The actuator took a crap (hard to believe since it still moves after hooking the battery up but maybe like the sensor that tells it where its actually at)
2. Theres a short in the wire harness (possible since wiggling the wires at the connector seemed to change the door position a few days ago)
3. The hvac control module or the brains of it all. (Im kinda leaning to this since the gds2 shows the control on the vent is changing when turned but the actuator is showing a constant maxed out setting)

I ordered both the module and the actuator from rock auto for $120 shipped

After typing this up it made me think that I completely forgot to check the temp sensors in the vents while all this was going on but I doubt it was one of them as it had a B0423-05 code which is short to battery or open on the actuator
squish72 is offline   Reply With Quote