View Single Post
Old 05-26-2018, 05:52 PM   #55
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealG View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GelflingEssence View Post
That's a nice strawman you've built there. Can you cite any proof or are you just stoking your own fire?
Wow , seriously? Site or prove what ? A person in this thread said it’s the cars fault I think it’s the person‘s fault I’m not sure which facts you want me to site seems like common sense to me. If you watched any news channel they will tell you we have to ban guns because guns kill people people don’t kill people. That’s the opposite of the truth we all know people kill people. Again I’m not sure what facts or things you want me to say this is all pretty common sense stuff. If you disagree with me then you agree with the CNN crowd that this was all the cars fault and fords fault and whenever anyone gets shot in our country it’s the guns fault is that what you’re saying? . Please be clear show me where I went off the track and am wrong. I believe in personal responsibility for our words and actions.
Just wishing to respectfully share my opinion. Hope you understand and take it as such.

Anyway my opinion its kind of both but largely to do with maturity yet at the same time there's the old saying the "absolute power corrupts absolutely" - So what I mean by this is...

Take the teenager who caused the accident and put him in a 1980 Toyota Camry and in the same situation. Would the same incident have occurred? PROBABLY not, of course its impossible to tell for sure but its highly unlikely. Its unlikely he would have initiated a race if he wasn't in a sporty or high performance car.

HOWEVER

On the same token if you had put him in a Camaro, a Corvette, or another high performance vehicle.. likely he would have did the same thing..raced and caused the incident.

So no, its NOT the vehicle's "fault" HOWEVER ...having a vehicle more powerful than he was ready to control definitely didn't make the situation any better. It "enabled" him so to speak...and did so before he was ready to be mature enough to respect the vehicle, the road, and other people who drive on the road.

I personally feel the same way regarding guns. Guns definitely don't kill people on their own unless they malfunction, but allowing an individual who is not mentally mature enough to handle one get his hands on one, enables that individual to do things they shouldn't.