View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 01:28 PM   #81
Jimbeau11

Drives: '18 Black SS 1LE; '01 Corvette Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyRacerBoy View Post
One of my clients was heavily into racing on National level and will also help me. He recommends to do some NASA events.

Yeah Joe a is a wealth of knowledge. I tried to get him to align my car but he's just too busy. guess I caught him at the busiest point of the season. I get it he has a clients that take priority. Why don't you come out with us at Moe's first event?

I got to admit though I like doing a lot of the work myself I don't like relying on people I've always found its best to learn to do things yourself. I was broke 15 years ago basically homeless. Got where I am today all by myself and my family.
I'll definitely check Moe's calendar for timing.

Joe's business is feast or famine. He always tries to get me to leave my Corvette with him right at SCCA season end so he can work on it over time, but I'm funded by my bonus check which doesn't come until March and I like to know how much of a budget I'm working with before I start letting him talk me into things.

I do a lot myself and used to do a lot more, but work, business travel and not having my own lift (yet) have cut into my time. Alignment was never on my list of skills though. Brakes, brake lines, brake cooling ducts, fluids, harness bar and harnesses all on my personal list. Alignment, solid cradle bushings and other suspension tuning tweaks are on my Joe list.
Jimbeau11 is offline   Reply With Quote