View Single Post
Old 01-26-2022, 02:29 PM   #50
Grumpy1

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Hyper Blue A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspddmn View Post
Thanks. I dont have the wheels yet. These are just the initial "samples" that APEX got for the shoot. They didn't even get in the athracite or black in yet when they did mine. They dont drop for pre-order group buy until early February.

I do like this brushed clear but the only thing is in certain sunlight and angles it could look chrome which i dont like. Athracite to me doesn't contrast well with HBM and satin black is like the oem wheels. Difficult to see all the details and concavity with the black wheels. Only thing i really like about the brushed clear finish is you can see all the details of the spokes/wheel. If they only made a finish like double dark tint or brushed black tint that would be the choice for me. Since APEX wheels are painted and not powder coated, I'll probably get the brushed clear and have a body shop spray a tinted black clear over it to get the finish i want.
Really like the look of these and was surprised I liked the clear finish. Would prefer a color that's as close to oem as possible, not sure how far the athracite is off.
Also didn't realize these were painted as I think I'd rather a powdercoated finsh.
Grumpy1 is offline   Reply With Quote