Thread: New ZL1 Owner
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2021, 04:16 PM   #14
TXCSSU
Account Suspended

Drives: 2022 ZL1 M6/Nissan Leaf
Great car. One of the caveats that I have from buying from the little "two-horse town" dealerships is that they're a little rough with their stock. They either run the car through their automatic car wash, which is very harsh or they "Hand wash" with a dirty towel. Not that the big city dealerships are much better, but based on the volume, they don't suffer as much from the micro-scratches.

One day when I took delivery of a new vehicle, I noticed some small spider scratches. Waiting for them to finish prepping my vehicle, I went back to where they were detailing it and found the guy working on my car. I asked him how they get those items off, and the guy was talking about acetone and rubbing alcohol. I was tempted to walk away from the deal.

Just curious how everyone here feels about compounds "specifically designed" for black vehicles. I had a black sedan that I bought some black specific products for, but eventually wound up trading that vehicle in. I figured it's more of a marketing gimmick. https://blackcarshine.com/best-polis...or-black-cars/
TXCSSU is offline   Reply With Quote