View Single Post
Old 07-23-2020, 12:43 PM   #7
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krawl View Post
Didnt even think about most of those. Thank you.

On the helmet, what is the difference?

I am thinking of adding a cage with harnesses. We are dealers for most harness brands. On the cage, does it need to be steel or chromoly?

I believe the brake fluid is changed. Not sure on the pads. Car is used and I believe it had been tracked before.

-Krawl
1. Change the brake fkuid to SRF since you are not sure what's there now. If it is a regular DOT3 and you boil it, you will lose brakes and it will end in big tears.
2. Get a proper SA rated helmet. Buy as recent date as available. Helmets expire every 10 yrs and most orgs will not permit you to run with an expired helmet. Nor an M rated helmet. Look for 2020 certified or at least 2015 which will get ya another 5 yrs. The date should be prominent inside a helmet.
3. Think twice about a roll bar/cage if you intent to drive the car on a street. In some parts these are illegal. Besides, having steel pipes around your head without a helmet is not a good idea. To properly install a 5 or 6 point harness you will also have to install a seat that is designed for that (a proper race seat). This means you will lose the benefits of the multiple stock airbags. So lots to consider here safety wise, as you could be reducing vs increasing safety depending on how you use the car, whether you trailer it, etc.

Cheers!
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote