View Single Post
Old 10-11-2018, 06:59 AM   #20
mblum

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post

No way I would be trying to flip between manual and auto. Just a recipe for screwing up a race. The blip lasts long enough to get to the start line.
I totally agree with letting the trans do it's thing in full auto. In my situation and the type of racing we were doing it wasn't working well leaving the car in full auto as I approached the starting point of the race and keeping my RPM's at the ideal point while going 30 MPH. Once I went WOT I put the shifter in auto, which was before the 2-3 shift. The 2-3 shift never once hesitated and felt perfect, it was the 3-4 that I had trouble with and at that point the trans had been in full auto for one complete shift and 4-5 seconds.

I did have my car at a local Chevy dealership as I requested they checked the fluid level of the trans and told me it was fine. I also requested the track alignment and provided them with a photo copy of the specs from the performance supplement page of the manual. The crooks didn't break a single alignment bolt loose and charged me for an alignment. I didn't find this out until after my first track day as I chewed up the outer edge of my tires from no negative chamber. Point is I don't trust the dealer that did the work as they screwed me on the alignment and probably did the same on the trans fluid level check.
mblum is offline   Reply With Quote