View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 09:35 AM   #16
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashtag View Post
I would just leave the car in drive which is the fastest mode. Manually shifting the A-10 is not ideal for shift times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninetres View Post
If it’s in sport or track, just leave in in Auto and give the throttle a quick blip to WOT to activate performance shift mode. It should stay in the ideal gear for long enough until the race starts.
No way I would be trying to flip between manual and auto. Just a recipe for screwing up a race. The blip lasts long enough to get to the start line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryTom View Post
OP/all - I’d found this thread bc havjng the same issue on track only (w some streetvexamples but less profound. Was just posted in a Camaro 1LE FB group. Can anyone post the full TSB? I posted this in the thread above as well.

###

I’d like to share a little message brought to me by someone smarter than myself. LT4 guys, pay attention. If you’re anywhere near the Detroit area, let me know, we’ll be doing a bunch of them.

Alan,
FYI… ICHE purge tool bulletin which is published to dealers - 18-NA-291 TSB
You will want to perform this to all Camaro w/LT4’s. (including your car)

SO, this bulletin is put out to get air out of the stock intercooler circuit. If any aeration has occurred, intercooler temps could spike causing premature spark retardation.
Just a little off-topic but thanks for the share. The pump cavatates and shuts down which stops flow and temps rise to the point timing is pulled.