View Single Post
Old 03-01-2016, 09:23 AM   #1
Blackdevil77

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT, Shelby GT500
SS 1LE vs C7 Corvette (Z51 or base)

Anybody else wondering how the 1LE will compare to the C7 Stingray will compare to the SS 1LE on the track? From the information we know right now about the 2 cars, I'm thinking it'll be very close. They may even match. Here's my reasoning why.

Acceleration is very similar, the edge going to the C7 because of weight, obviously.

Braking has to be similar with the new huge brakes on the 1LE. I'm sure the braking performance will be better than the already very impressive regular SS braking performance with it's 4 piston brakes.

Handling and grip. This is were I think the 1LE may be able to keep up with the Z51. Now the Camaro has the elsd like the Z51, but it's accompanied by wider, stickier rubber than the Stingray has. Not sure by how much the stiffer suspension tuning will improve the handling, but let's just assume there will be an improvement.

I remember Randy Pobst talking about how the Stingray was a little tail happy around Laguna Seca. If the 1LE can put the power down in the corners better than the Stingray, then I'm betting the 1LE would be able to match the stingrays time around that track. The Stingray got around a 1:38 I believe. I'm sure the 1LE will run below a 1:40 on that track.

What are your guys thoughts?
Blackdevil77 is offline   Reply With Quote