View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 05:20 PM   #16
wookwook

Drives: 18 Camaro LS M6
@18i4m6 sorry i missed your post. yes, yes, and well your mileage will vary.

Inside you wont hear anything, but with the window down it may be noticeable. The thing I cannot say is how it will sound without some extra boost. Without some kind of engine enhancement it will have more wind noise than turbo noise, So its really a function of the rate of boost. Therefore the more you can enhance your boost, the more dramatic the sound. So with all of that, there are options to increase your boost rate ala a tune or a plug-on ecu.

Both are painless and effective. It depends on your how much risk you accept with "tampering" with your warranty parts. This goes down a whole rabbit hole. Evil-bee wrote a good progression of his build in here somewhere. Pretty much the in and out air mods as much as a PIA as they seem to be, do not give noticeable increases in anything without a tune. If you have those and add a tune, then they will contribute accordingly. A tune (ecu enhancement) of either sort, really makes the engine run much much better, really where the thing should have been in the first place IMO.

So what I am trying to say without shattering dreams of swoosh and phfffff sounds, is if the engine isn't boosting hard in the first place, then there really isn't much point in putting a megaphone on a whisper. So people (like me) who are just getting started figuring out the new-school, are a little behind using old school tuning.

I hope that helps, and there are great options to get you enjoying the turbo for under a grand. Just ask and read a lot of the great info here. But think and look before you leap.
wookwook is offline   Reply With Quote