View Single Post
Old 02-09-2018, 09:34 PM   #30
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post

How about pay him NOT more than any player in NFL history? lol instead of 27.5 million a year, you don't think he'd accept maybe 20Mil a year, with maybe some incentive for reaching the playoffs/super bowl?
To start, I don't think he's worth the money, mainly because he hasn't proven himself yet. That being said....the average pay for QB's moving forward over the next 5 years is going to be roughly 25 mil, regardless of the quality of QB. That's just the reality, unless you're looking to just eek out 4-12 seasons....

So, from a 49ers standpoint, short of getting Cousins who is worth it, Garappolo is their best chance of having a franchise QB moving forward. He is a legit guy at the QB spot. Will still have to prove it on the field, but I truly think he will be their starting QB for years to come....

Lastly, would you rather spend the money on a unknown QB...who probably doesn't know anything about the team, the city, playbook, etc.... or you can spend it on a guy who not only wants to be there, but also came in and made your team relevant for the last 5 games of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post

I also think Kirk Cousins would do well in Denver. I believe that would be a good move for him. Denver has a really good team, they just need someone that can complete the setup.
Cousins in Denver or Buffalo is an automatic playoff spot for either team.... I'd say he a shot in Jacksonville and Minnesota too....but I think those teams will opt to stay with whom they already have...

Cousins may not be the greatest QB, but he's the best on the market and outside of the crapshow that is the Deadskins...he could be another guy like Rivers or Eli Manning who does well enough but isn't ever considered a top 5-7 guy....and if he goes to a team with a solid defense...he could be very hard to beat....