View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 07:59 AM   #41
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarky View Post
I expect a lighter and improved car from a *comfort* angle but being the new alpha platform I am also concerned about what GM did with the new CTS. That bastard is ugly except for the V-sport ( twin turbo and newer LT-4 ) I've looked at many lower end and mid market CTS and I want to puke a little from most angles. Remember how all of the media went uber wet with joy over the new CTS? Yep, and now Caddy has to discount to get rid of them. And they are one of Cadillacs better sellers! Don't make it a world car ( think new Mustang ) being all things to all people. That never works unless you sell 300k per year.
This is the catch 22. If you want to sell 300,000 units you have to make it a global car.

The historically awesome BMW 3/4 series has sold 400,000 units globally. That is huge purchasing power that makes the car that much more profitable.

As for the CTS, go drive one. There is really nothing to complain about other than the styling might not suit you. And that is ok. Me? The only reason I don't have a CTS V-sport right now instead of the SS is nothing more than the $20,000 price difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
The car will be function over form which will mean looks will be comprised! To me and alot of others! When talking about the Camaro or Corvette but we'll see! I'm waiting to laughed!
Sorry, but GM has a lonnngggggg history of putting form over function. The Gen 5 Camaro is the one that is most appropriate for this forum. The old CTS coupe was a joke. The ATS rear seat accommodations are absolutely horrid compared to a 3 Series or A4. I've been in too many of those discussions and watched the styling guys win.