View Single Post
Old 02-28-2013, 07:20 PM   #380
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Dorchen View Post
Yeah, because those 2 engines would sound so much alike.
Quote:
It's not just the sound, it's the feel. I've driven 4 cylinder cars that are faster than the V8 cars I've owned, but I still prefer the feel of RWD V8-powered cars.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
...I would suggest the foul might be in thinking a new entry point target needs to be satisfied...Why expend precious resources on a duplicate and unnecessary entry point for the Camaro line?...The V-6 LS I've seen advertised new for under 20K...Not a good enough entry point?...Is the I-4 gonna sell for 14-15K or what?...

....This "just don't buy one, if you don't like it" argument could be a marketing disaster with the glut of 4 cyl models sold by everyone else...

If there is regulatory pressure, where's the I-4 Corvette?
Quote:
Again, if GM does do it it's because of regulations, not consumer demand.

If it doesn't sell and it must sell to meet the regulations, GM will either lower the 4 cyl price and/or increase the V8 price, or just stop making the Camaro.

The number of Corvettes sold vs the number of Camaros sold is why GM wont have to make a non-V8 Corvette to meet the new regulations. It's all about the numbers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
...But think of how the numbers of Vettes would sky-rocket with an I-4 in that model line...All the points made for the advantages of one in a Camaro would be three-fold if in a Vette...Think of the entry-level bonanza the Vette would have with an I-4, instead of the Camaro which already has an entry level one...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
Yeah, AFM in a V6 just doesn't work--too much wear and tear because of poor balancing. Even with alternating firing patterns they seemed to have lots of issues. You would have to go back to I-6 to have AFM.
AFM is in production in V6s from Honda and I think GM just announced it for the new V6 in the Pickups.