View Single Post
Old 11-30-2018, 05:28 AM   #1
USAFS197

Drives: 2018 Audi TT RS
Straight line traction

So, this isn’t a drag racing question, per se. But, I’m wondering what, if anything, have some of you done to help address your straight line traction. I am full bolt on and tuned by Pray. I had him remove any and all torque tables and just let the engine do what it inherently wants to do. Therein, my tip-in throttle response and low end torque are...interesting. If I even give my right pedal a sideways glance, I’m spinning. If I do a no-lift-shift from first to second, it’s either a violent fishtail or I need to let off of the throttle immediately. No-lift-shift into third is a guaranteed wiggle from the back end and at times, it’ll chirp the tires into 4th.

I assume that many of you are likely pushing significantly more power than myself. Granted, I could have much more right foot modulation but, while fighting traction, the car accelerates similar to a stock vehicle. Once it grabs, however, it hustles pretty good. Perhaps some bushings or different control arms are in order but, I don’t want to change tires to a more track oriented once since this is my daily when I’m in the states. Right now, it feels as though the car is all bark and no bite, largely due to the spinning. My tires still look great (4900 miles street driven) and don’t show much sign of wear. I don’t necessarily perform shifts of that nature on the regular but, as I was data logging for Pray, I had to and therein, brought up this concern.
About as fast as the TT RS
2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Sold
2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Sold
2019 Corvette Z06
Sold
2021 Charger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
Sold
USAFS197 is offline   Reply With Quote