View Single Post
Old 03-16-2016, 12:27 PM   #43
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
This whole thread has me thinking about my move to this car from a 2SS. I don't think I'm going to do any modding aside from a catch can and air intake now. The ZL1 looks like a perfect fit for what I want in a second car. I personally think it will be at least $20-25k more than a 2SS, if not more. It needs to fit into GM's pricing hierarchy with the Z06 and CTS-V. I'm sure there will a lot of people who buy this car and can't afford it. That being said, I think hanging on to a gen6 SS for a couple of years should put you in a good spot to grab a lightly used ZL1. You're better off eating the depreciation on a less expensive asset and letting someone else eat it (and any potential dealer premium) on the pricier ZL1. We'll also no more about any potential issues if that pop up with this new 10 speed auto.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote