View Single Post
Old 11-28-2020, 09:03 PM   #97
Boomers18ZL1

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CompleteStreet View Post
Sorry for the delay, usually we do our best to align things so we begin working on your car within a week of the drop off date. We never promise an end date as doing work like this tends to throw curve-balls from time to time and I don't like being under the wire to finish a project. I think its a better result to take a little longer than expected, rather than to rush a project and miss something. So we've made a point not to rush any project, no matter how big or small the build, in the name of a quality.

For those wondering, we operate with a line system. We have roughly two labor lanes, a fast lane for simple stuff like headers, and a normal lane for bigger builds like camshafts, etc. Basically, you are in line from your deposit date and our goal is to bring it in as your number comes up and start working on it within a week of that - that way it doesn't sit for months waiting to be worked on. Unfortunately we had a few curve-balls thrown at us in this particular lane that delayed when the tech could start on it after we scheduled the drop off date.

But how we operate it ideally doesn't affect too many people as we haven't scheduled others out further because of the delays.

Rest assured we started work and even found some silly stuff previous shops didn't - like a block of wood between the fuse panel and the computer hah. WTF was that doing in there =P

As far as other things I saw in the thread, we most certainly have a lot of LSx and LTx experience. But I'm usually building street cars with loads of power, not necessarily gutted track cars just going for times. Nick (GuitarmageddonZL1)'s twin turbo 6th Gen went 8s with full weight with a set of 17" drag radials on the rear, not even a skinny up front.

As far as my aggressiveness with the tuning, I tend to be somewhere in the middle. safety is number one, but I'll take it as far as where I feel is safe. I'll press the snot out of my own cars, but that's because if I destroy it I only have myself to blame lol. However a deliverable street car needs to have reliability. Taking the car to the max is like a max rep with lifting weights. That would mean here's the hero pass at the track and now the engine is blown - like cleetus's 7 second pass in Leroy lol. This isn't what we want to deliver.

Anyway, I appreciate all the positive feedback in this thread. I want to thank you all for the business over the years as I can't imagine doing anything else with my life. Its a dream come true to make a living doing this - although some days the dream is a nightmare because that's modding cars for ya lol.

-Andrew
Andrew you guys have been great. I appreciate you and Alex and the entire shop have kept me in the loop. You have found a lot of things that Chevrolet and where I bought it from missed. (I hope you and the guys can sign it) Not only the wood a burnt wire harness. Chevrolet said I was nuts that something was wrong and gave me a clean bill of health for my car. As you found out that is not the case. I give you guys 5 stars and will have you guys finish the build next spring with a new supercharger and stronger clutch. I don't think my post came out right. I am disappointed I do not have the car. That has nothing to do with CSP and everything to do with the craziness that is going on in the world. I have nothing but great things to say about you guys and the entire shop. Big fan of the channel too. You guys Rock
Boomers18ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote