View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 03:50 AM   #1
fuzzum111

Drives: 2018 Rs Camaro
New information with LGX E-Force Supercharger and changes

Hey guys, I posted a while back that I had an LGX Camaro I slapped an Edelbrock supercharger on.

I decided I wanted more power, so I'd toss a smaller pully on it. It comes stock a 3.5" pully making 6psi of boost. The S/C is rated up to 10PSI, or a 3.00" pully.

I spent...an annoying amount of time ordering parts. Ordering a full range between 3.25-2.75" All the info we could find said 12PSI was more than workable for this system, as in the block, and the S/C would take it.

My shop in the meantime had my car and were doing research to find out information.

They ended up not liking the Intake manifold temps getting above 150F with the 3.00" pully, and supposedly the EGT was getting hotter than what they were comfortable with for a daily driver. They wouldn't even put the 2.75 on as they were worried it would melt the piston rings with repeated pulls. Apparently 150F is perfectly fine for Intake air temps. 200 is where you need to worry?

They ended telling me I needed a water-meth system to cool the EGT, due to us not having E-85 available. I opted to not do this as it seemed the most complicated way to fix a problem. I have 92 pump gas available.

However we ended up with the 3.25" pully on, making 8psi. They had to pull timing to remove all the spark knock that was present from the beginning with Edelbrocks pully and tune.

That said the car still runs well, and it should be on a good day about 370WHP. Shy of the 400WHP we were chasing, but I'll need high flow cats, or a catless system to help wake the engine up. They suggested headers too, but I'm not sure if I can even change headers on this block?

Lastly, I had a Foster S/C whine mod installed and it sounds great in-cabin and is still silent on the outside. Have a look and listen.

Let me know what you guys think of their suggestions, or if you think they're being too careful with the tuning? I've been suggested a larger intercooler to help with temps some, but I know more boost = higher EGT, but more fuel and timing can help with that without losing all the power it gains from the boost?

https://gfycat.com/glitteringwellworngangesdolphin

And yes, the GPS speed is really lagging behind, the car isn't accelerating that slow XD
fuzzum111 is offline   Reply With Quote