Thread: New AA ZL1 hood
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 07:12 AM   #95
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by VmaxGen2 View Post
Any progress? Pictures?

Funny! We were at the shop Friday and got the hood put on. I’d been holding off for a couple of weeks due to rain and storms here.

So it’s on and I’m getting use to it. The shop did excellent job in paint match as usual. It’s gloss BVM on underside, seems to fit well and the only thing I may have issue with is that closing seems to require a little more effort. I think an adjustment back a tad will take care of that.

My hood didn’t have hardware for the scoop. It was nowhere to be found though AA said where it could be located within the box, but nothing found. I sent them a message and they said it wasn’t anything complicated and I learned they were not sending stainless materials and those who had the hardware said it was rusting by not being stainless so maybe it was a good thing! My shop ended up using black rivets and it looks professional.

The drive home the scoop does have a slight vibration to it but nothing that’s intolerable. I got the car up to speed a couple of times and it was no big deal. I’m 62yrs old and this kinda reminded me of the ‘72 Mach 1 Mustang with its shaker hood. [emoji854] I can live with it. My thing is change. I get stuck in my ways on things and though I like the hood, I need to get use to it, the change from OE. When I explained this to my shop, they said instead of boxing up my OE hood and bringing it to me to store in the basement, they’re going to store it in the shops overhead storage for the next 4-6 months and let me make a decision on whether I want t keep the AA on or revert back to OE.

It’s not a bad hood though, good quality and so there you have it. Not a lot of pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk