View Single Post
Old 09-25-2020, 06:43 PM   #145
Evansa22

Drives: HBM ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Will View Post
Politicians, especially California politicians have been pushing toward non-emissions vehicles for years. Now that Newsome has made an executive order to ban all fossil fuel burning cars by 2035, the manufactures have probably betting that it will eventually become a reality. California has 40 million citizens. The market is huge. It would be devastating for a car company if they couldn't sell their product in California. For that matter why make a product that you can't sell in California (like a gas powered vehicle). Oil refineries, and oil distributers have to be asking themselves the same question. If most of California isn't filling their tanks once a week, why maintain a refinery there?

This could be a reason why the Camaro ZL1, Dodge Demon, and Shelby GT500 are going away. The companies that make them are transitioning to a new culture mandated by politicians.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol Head View Post
And THAT is a very bad problem for Americans.

People are naively electing politicians who are eroding our rights and privileges as Americans. We need to stop this now, and I'm working in what little capacity I can from my little corner of Ohio, not that what I do or say will do any good but I have to try.

We ALL have to try if you really understand the seriousness of people like Newsom and Pelosi, who are destroying America.

Remember what Bob Lutz once said: forcing economical cars on people is like forcing people to lose weight by making it illegal to make pants with larger than a 32 inch waist line.

If there's any possibility of stopping this madness, of ripping apart the EPA and going full attack on California's CARB, we at least provide the possibility of doing that this November. Think about that when you hit the poles.
Most likely scenario is Gov Newsome is greedy rather than giving 2 cents about the environment. He's had shady dealings in the past and this possibility aligns with them. His motives are more to line his pockets, just another sleezy politician. Tesla is hq'd here, he pissed off Musk back during the pandemic and he said they were leaving. Maybe this appeases Musk pushing a lot of revenue his way. Musk returns in kind with whatever deal they have worked out.

Although its just speculation in this case, politicians who abuse their position of power to profit themselves are disgusting. It comes from both sides but I've noticed is leans more in one direction. Unfortunately we're voting these people into office and many can't see them for what they are.

Regardless, one day it might not matter who is in charge. We could all be taken out in one swipe out of nowhere from something we hadn't accounted for.
Might as well enjoy our cars while we can!
Evansa22 is offline   Reply With Quote